Hearing Voices Network Aotearoa NZ
Are pleased to host a Peer Support Training Event
HOW TO FACILITATE A HEARING VOICES SUPPORT GROUP
by Arana Pearson
“A hearing voices group is a safe place where people can explore their own understanding of their experiences”
When: 9.30am to 4.00PM November 8th 2013
Where: Connect SR Training Room, 215 Wairau Rd, Glenfield, Auckland
Cost: FREE FOR PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE OF HEARING VOICES. THANKS TO SPONSORSHIP FROM THE FROZEN FUNDS.
$80 for professionals, $60 for Professional accompanied with Voice hearer. . All funds raised will support our aim to provide more facilitator training in other parts of NZ.
Bookings: Adrienne at 0272650266 or email: email@example.com registration form. Please note spaces are limited. Preference given to people with experience of hearing voices.
What people say about being a group facilitator:
“ I love the outcome when someone in the group moves forward in their own recovery and you can see their confidence increasing.
“I am passionate about anything I can share (from my own experiences) that might help others cope better and that could make a positive difference in their lives.”
“Co-facilitation (of the hearing voices group) has made such a difference in my life, it has helped me to cope a lot better than I did before.”
ON THIS TRAINING YOU WILL:
- Learn ways to support voice hearers to explore and identify experiences, skills and coping strategies.
· Explore how to provide nonjudgemental support.
- Explore and develop group facilitation skills.
- Identify and understand boundaries in providing support
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFORMATION RESOURCE THAT INCLUDES:
- How to form, organise and facilitate a hearing voices support group
- Resources for use in the group
- How to link with the Hearing Voices Network nationally and internationally to get ongoing support for your groups,
THIS TRAINING IS PROVIDED BY ARANA PEARSON OF KEEPWELL LTD, IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE HEARING VOICES NETWORK AOTEOROA NZ. THIS TRAINING IS MADE POSSIBLE THANKS TO SPONSORSHIP FROM THE FROZEN FUNDS CHARITABLE TRUST.