HEARING VOICES NETWORK AOTEAROA NZ Te Reo Orooro
Are hosting a 1 day workshop
“Understanding Voices and working towards
Rufus May is a clinical psychologist from the UK. He has written articles and teaches widely on psychotic experiences and recovery processes. His approach is also influenced by his experience of psychosis at the age of 18 and recovery. Rufus is an active member and supporter of the Hearing Voices Network UK .
The workshop will include:
- Hearing Voices the experience of what are voices like
- How do challenging voices behave? How can we understand this?
- Hearing Voices research
- Coping Strategies
- Forming a construct/ understanding of the voice hearing experience
- Emotional healing, personal development work
- Using the Voice dialogue model to understand and work with voices (this includes role play exercises)
- Recovery stories
- Demonstration of using the Voice dialogue approach
|When: 9.30 to 4 PM Wednesday 17th March 2010Where: Western Springs Garden Community Hall 956 Great North Rd Western Springs.
Cost: $100 for waged-We would like to encourage support people to bring a voice hearer with them. And offer a discount of for this i.e $90 instead of $120 for both people. $20 for unwaged voice hearers and family members.
n.b Morning and afternoon tea provided. Participants to provide their own lunch.
We are a registered charity. These fees will help support our voluntary work.
Bookings: Call Adrienne at 0272650266 for more details or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form. Please note spaces are limited. If you don’t want to be disappointed you will need to book asap.
to download a flier and registration from, please visit Hearing voices Network Aotearoa NZ’s Website